The sun is out, spring is in the air and summer is just around the corner!
This is the time of year where most people embark on a new fitness journey or start to think about doing so.
While the warmer weather can be a motivator to start exercising, ideally we should be wanting to be strong, fit and healthy for the rest of our lives rather than just skinny for Summer.
Pilates reformer classes are quickly becoming one of the most effective ways to slim down and tone your body. The moves are considered Pilates-based, but instead of rolling out a mat you're stepping onto what's known as a reformer. Cables, bars, straps and pulleys will tighten and strengthen your muscles in ways you never thought possible.
Above all else, you'll be using muscle groups you never even thought you had. Expect your muscles to shake when they hit fatigue, which doesn't take long.
Aside from feeling like you've worked out hard, other benefits include a stronger core (hello six pack), improved posture, increased muscle endurance, and a longer, toned physique. Because the Pilates Reformer works the muscles differently to weight training, you won't bulk up. Instead, your muscles are stretched and tightened for a sleek, longer look.
Here are a few tips to help get you started and keep you motivated!
- Commit to at least 3 Reformer Pilates classes per week, if you can get 4 in – Bonus! (Those extra sessions count!)
- No more excuses – it’s time to get real and take control over your body and your life.
- Set realistic goals for yourself and measure them.
- Back up training with the right nutrition. Consistency is key and all results add up.
- Most clients we see want immediate results. There are quick fixes out there but they are only temporary. Long term, sustainable results come from hard work and dedication.
Purchase one of our Introductory New Client Offers here to sample our Pilates Reformer Classes and get ready to Spring into Summer with us!